Tuesday, January 31, 2006

B is for Butt

Anna is SOOO my daughter. She has a terrible diaper rash (which I do not!) so instead of torturing her with another round of wiping her but with alcohol soaked wipes (even rinsed out) or washcloths... we put he rin the bath - and sprayed her clean with the hose thingy. Then after she was cleaned up - we put her in a bath with some COllOIDAL oatmeal bath stuff. She screamed like hell as the water touched her butt so I got in with her. Sometimes you just need your momma to hold ya. As soon as I got in - she finally sat down into the water and her little body just collapsed against me.

After a couple minutes of recouping from the pain and screaming - she began her normal "I'm precious" routine in the bath. Part of which consists of screaming at whichever parent is not present in the room, at the top of her lungs. A sample "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY?" Wait for response "I YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" also at the top of said lungs.

THen she moved on to the second phase which involves the foam letters we have in the tub.

Mom "what is this anna?"
Anna: "A"
Mom "what sound does A make"
Anna: "AHHHHHHHH"
Mom: "What is this letter?"
Anna: "B"
mom: 'what sound does B make"
anna: "buh"
Mom: "what starts with B"
anna: "BUTT"

Gotta love it! She's soo cute!

No comments: